6. Transfer of personal data to other countries
6.1 In some instances your personal data will be shared with third parties outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) for example North America and Australia. When required, the University will transfer your personal data outside of the EEA when one of the following conditions have been met:
- The Data Protection Commission permits the transfer to the non-EEA country or organisation.
- The Data Protection Commission has approved the kind of transfer i.e. under EU/US Privacy Shield, Binding Corporate Rules or Model Contracts
- There are adequate safeguards in place and your rights and legal remedies as a data subject are available to you.).
- The Country is listed by the European Commission as safe.
- You have given us explicit consent for the transfer.
- The transfer is necessary for the performance of conclusion of a contract with you or in your interest.
- The transfer is necessary for important reasons of public interest.
- The transfer if necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- The transfer is necessary to protect your vital interest or other persons where you are unable to give your consent.
- The transfer is made from a register which according to the EU or Member State law is intended to provide information to the public and which is open to consultation either by the public in general or by any person who can demonstrate a legitimate interest, but only to the extent that the conditions laid down by EU and Member State Law for consultation are fulfilled in the particular case.