To briefly explore the role of law and/in film through guided module readings, seminar-style small-group discussions, and an independent writing project.
After successfully completing this module, the students were able to:
- Briefly identify different film (including television) forms over time (the courtroom drama, the police procedural, the western, etc)
- Explore and examine the manner in which the law and lawyers are represented in film (including questions of gender, race, etc)
- Critically analyse and assess this representation for accuracy
- Evaluate the use of film for polemical or reform purposes
- Express these outcomes in a written assignment prepared in light of class readings and discussions
Please click here for the flyer for Law and Film